Re: Problem reading links with NVDA

Stephen Costigan

Hi Gene,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the Say all command.

I have tried with screen layout both on and off and still the same problem.

This issue just happens in Firefox as i have just tried it in Internet
Explorer and NVDA reads out the full link.

I don't really use Internet Explorer as it is very slow.

Regards,

Stephen

On 07/05/2017 07:46, Gene New Zealand wrote:
hi

out of curosity how are you driving NVDA on this page.

one line at a time or are you using the say all command. for example
nvda key + down arrow key for desk top.

the second question is to is screen layout turned on? or is it off?

If it is on if i remember right it will put the text on one line and the
links on another.

I have mine turned off while in the browser use the nvda key + the letter V

You should hear then if it has been turned on or off. Just repeat it to
turn it off.

it can also be found under the browse mode settings in nvda, just
uncheck the box if you go that way.

Gene nz

On 7/05/2017 5:12 PM, Stephen Costigan wrote:
Hi,

I hope that you can help me. I am having a problem with NVDA reading the
full description of links.

I have tried this with Narrator and there was no problem.

This issue occurs when the link is on two or more lines NVDA only reads
the first line.

Please see below web page as an example of what I mean.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22798/windows-10-narrator-get-started

I am using the latest update of NVDA and Windows 10.

Also is there a way to get NVDA to read text continuously as currently I
have to keep moving the mouse over each line to read out each line.

Thank you in advance of your help.

Regards,

Stephen

---