From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows apps

Hi Justin,
You are not doing anything differently that I am doing. I use NVDA in the Windows apps as well, and it does take a lot of object navigation. An app is set up so differently, that the tab, arrow keys, and so on, will not work in most apps. The apps I use well with NVDAare:
The store app, which can be used by just tabbing. Also, Watch ESPN, which takes a little use of object navigation, you can mostly tab. The NEWS app works great with NVDA, but you have to use a lot of object navigation to read and access the articles. I use the mail, calendar, and people apps all of the time with NVDA. I am using the Mail app right now. Those three apps work by just tabbing, pretty much. I do not use object navigation in the mail app at all. I also use the Groove app with NVDA using about half of just tabbing, and half object navigation. One thing you need to know about apps, is that there are hardly any key commands that can get you around the app quickly. You are stuck with tabbing a lot. Once you figure how many times you have to tab to get somewhere, you can tab that many times very quickly. I hope that helps a little.
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10