Re: Hyperlinks and Spelling Errors

Gene

The screen-reader doesn't check spelling when reading a document unless you are in an edit field.  I don't know if that is any longer a problem.  But I have never had any screen-reader flag spelling errors when reading a web page in an area that is not an edit field.

I haven't checked to see if bullets are able to be altered working in the pronunciation area.  The first thing to do is to set punctuation to none in the voice being used and see how much is eliminated.  The default is some.  Setting it to none will cause the screen-reader to speak no punctuation.  Bullets and other formatting information are not punctuation and won't be affected by this change. Changing the punctuation to none will eliminate reading of all punctuation and may improve matters.  But also, as I said in my last message, the document formatting dialog should be looked through.  Beyond that, there may be some items that you can't stop being read.  I or someone else can discuss the punctuation dialog in preferences where you can change what is spoken for a specific punctuation mark but I don't think that applies to what is being discussed, which is document formatting.

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hyperlinks and Spelling Errors

This is the priority of the items like bullets and other special characters
which you can individually alter in the punctuation symbols list easily, but
I'm not quite sure what you mean by links. I believe that if you don't want
spelling error to occur here then you need to tell your word processor not
to scan links, however if you don't want link spoken at all in certain
programs but you do in others, you need to select your program run it go to
profiles and then set the parameters you want  and create that as a profile
so that particular selection can only occur in that software.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-