did someone try to use native Twitter app with NVDA?

Kind regards,
Tea Turkovic

8.5.2017. u 5:12, Joseph Lee je napisao/la:

Hi,

Despite repeated feedback, the current situation with Facebook app (inaccessible for keyboard users) is likely to persist for a while. Thank you for reminding me to use an app like this for my upcoming NVDACon presentation on universal apps.

Cheers,

Joseph (author of Windows 10 App Essentials, ObjPad, GoldWave add-ons and maintainer of SPL Studio and Resource Monitor add-ons)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows apps

Hi

I do not know about the face book app but did a while ago did a tutorial on how to use the basics of the main face book website. the other one is quite easy to use that is for the mobile one.

There is a i think a written and or audio tutorial on the nvda tutorials for other programs page at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

You will need to jump down by headings to the ones about face book. then there will be a link just under the heading to them.

Gene nz

On 8/05/2017 1:46 PM, Justin Harris wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for this info. Glad to know that I wasn't missing something. Like I said, a lot of these apps work much better in Narrator, but I don't want to have to learn a completely different screen reader. But glad to know I wasn't doing something wrong. Any experience with the Facebook app?

El 7/5/2017 a las 17:59, David Moore escribió:

Hi Justin,

You are not doing anything differently that I am doing. I use NVDA in the Windows apps as well, and it does take a lot of object navigation. An app is set up so differently, that the tab, arrow keys, and so on, will not work in most apps. The apps I use well with NVDAare:

The store app, which can be used by just tabbing. Also, Watch ESPN, which takes a little use of object navigation, you can mostly tab. The NEWS app works great with NVDA, but you have to use a lot of object navigation to read and access the articles. I use the mail, calendar, and people apps all of the time with NVDA. I am using the Mail app right now. Those three apps work by just tabbing, pretty much. I do not use object navigation in the mail app at all. I also use the Groove app with NVDA using about half of just tabbing, and half object navigation. One thing you need to know about apps, is that there are hardly any key commands that can get you around the app quickly. You are stuck with tabbing a lot. Once you figure how many times you have to tab to get somewhere, you can tab that many times very quickly. I hope that helps a little.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10