From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anyone else having trouble finding the AD in the new look bbc I player?

Hello chaps, Alasdair here from WebbIE.

The BBC have killed their 7-day TV listings: you get "Maintenance
mode: From April 18, 2017, the BBC is no longer able to offer XML, RDF
and iCalendar (.ics) views of programme metadata from this location."

This means that the BBC iPlayer TV program from WebbIE is affected.
The listings per-station are all broken - BBC 1, BBC 2, and so on.
However, the Audio Described section is unaffected, because the
program does not use the listings - it goes to the website and
screen-scrapes. (Though I note it needs some tender loving care).

I can't see that the Radio side is affected - there are still
programmes from yesterday, for example.

Best wishes,
Alasdair King

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Brian's Mail list account
<bglists@...> wrote:
It seems that as well as taking away the xml code that webie used for
channel program listings, the pages have changed as well as for those in the
uk like myself it was relatively easy to find a show, go to the page say yes
to tv licence, and then select ways to watch and switch on the AD. NOw when
you go to say yes to the tv licence, it immediately plays and one cannot
even hear if the selection is there. One assumes its somewhere but either
nvda/firefox is not seeing it or they have completely screwed it up.
Has anyone here in the UK managed to watch programme with AD since last
week when it changed without warning?

Is it just me or is it bust.

Brian

bglists@...