Re: nvda compatible firewall?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Eric and Group,

I thought that there had been significant improvements for Windows 10 and Microsoft Security products: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.  In fact as concerns Windows Firewall, I had heard on the Kim Komando show that beginning with Windows 7 that the firewall now works for both incoming and outgoing traffic.  As far as defender, that's another matter, but i have seen postings on this list that at least by the time of Windows 10 that it was decent enough for routine usage.

On 5/10/2017 4:26 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:

Oh,  I totally get the resistance to using windows security products.  I'm glad you and yours have had no problems but microsoft firewall and antivirus are completely transparent and volnerable.  Do your homework.  Look at third party testing reports and you will see that they don't stack up.  Unfortunately that's also been my personal and professional experience over the years.  I can't stop you from relying on microsoft, but I have to scratch my own head.

Thanks for chiming in, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On May 10, 2017 3:51:19 PM "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...> wrote:

I don't quite get the resistance to using the built in Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.  Both have improved significantly over the years.

That's what I've been using on my own, and my clients', Windows 10 systems without issue.

            ~ Dorothy Nevill

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"