Re: nvda compatible firewall?

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I actually really liked eset products years ago when window-eyes was still a thing. Unfortunately accessibility of their tools has plunged into the abis.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On May 11, 2017 9:45:40 AM "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...> wrote:

Hi Eric:

Have you tried Nod32?

Kebvin Huber

On 5/11/17, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Eric and Group,

I thought that there had been significant improvements for Windows 10
and Microsoft Security products: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.
In fact as concerns Windows Firewall, I had heard on the Kim Komando
show that beginning with Windows 7 that the firewall now works for both
incoming and outgoing traffic. As far as defender, that's another
matter, but i have seen postings on this list that at least by the time
of Windows 10 that it was decent enough for routine usage.

On 5/10/2017 4:26 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:

Oh, I totally get the resistance to using windows security products.
I'm glad you and yours have had no problems but microsoft firewall and
antivirus are completely transparent and volnerable. Do your
homework. Look at third party testing reports and you will see that
they don't stack up. Unfortunately that's also been my personal and
professional experience over the years. I can't stop you from relying
on microsoft, but I have to scratch my own head.

Thanks for chiming in, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On May 10, 2017 3:51:19 PM "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...> wrote:

I don't quite get the resistance to using the built in Windows
Firewall and Windows Defender. Both have improved significantly over
the years.

That's what I've been using on my own, and my clients', Windows 10
systems without issue.
--
*/Brian/*

*//**/The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing
in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the
tempting moment./*

*/~ Dorothy Nevill/*
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.