Re: prevent pages from refreshing

No problem at all. I hope you enjoy.

On 3/29/2016 1:14 PM, Mallard wrote:
Hey Governor,

Independent of refresh, thanks for sharing this page... Very interesting!
Ciao,
Ollie

Il 29/03/2016 17:21, Governor staten ha scritto:
An example of a page that refeshes is www.jewishmusicstream.com. It's
crazy.

On 3/29/2016 10:44 AM, Pete wrote:
I am not sure why and how either. Some of the building supply
stores do some thing similar just not as fast of a refresh.
Pete

On 3/27/2016 7:24 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
That's exactly what I mean Pete. I'm not geek so I can't explain what
this is to the DEV's.

On 3/27/2016 8:26 AM, Pete wrote:
I know this happens, I haven't come across it for some time now.
What you are talking about is
you will be reading a block of text and you will only get a few
seconds to read it before the page refreshes and every thing goes
wonky.
rite?
I think if we could all work on a consistent description of what
exactly the problem is it would be easier for the dev people to nail
it down.
Pete

On 3/26/2016 4:43 PM, Mallard wrote:
Now then,

The issue exists, because there are forums discussing it for devs.
They call the thing "Carousels" or "slideshows", or something else
that I can't remember now.

I provided an example of a site

www.esselungaacasa.it

But I'm afraid you ahve to log in with username and password to see
that particular area of the sit.
Actually, "that particular area" is supposed to be in the
Accessible section of the site, and it's the whole Supermarket
area...

Firefox 45.0.1, Latest NvDA Next Snapshot, Espeak, Freedom
Scientific's pm 40 3.70 braille display.
Ollie

Il 26/03/2016 20:36, Lino Morales ha scritto:
Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the
Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh
<arno.schuh@in-trier.de> wrote:

Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene
<gsasner@ripco.com>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in
Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate
and
deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and
simply
press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh
option
deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't
log
in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful
when
you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely