Re: DVDROM Query

Andrea Sherry

This     is the site I tried with the recommended action:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-dvdcd-rom-drives-missing-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/

On 12/05/2017 3:21 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmmm the dvdrom can not dissapear.

Does the drive open and close.

Try that first.

Next boot the system with a boot disk maybe a talking windows disk and try that and see or get a sightling to boot a disk.

If you go into device manager, check the thing is there, deleting and rebooting will get it back.

But if the drive is gone, then it or its power cables are dead.

I had this happen with a network card in one of my laptops.

One day it was there, the next day it was gone.

I took the system to be serviced and they checked it, the physical card was dead.

 if this is a desktop you may be able to get it open and have a sightling reseat the cables but I bank my cash on dead cables or dead device.

If its a laptop you will have to get it serviced because normals can't fix it or get an external drive.

If its a desktop, the dvdrom drives are quite cheap.

Its just buying another and putting it in.

you will need sight to do this but I am pritty sure the device has gone to bit heaven thats all.

On 12/05/2017 4:56 p.m., Andrea Sherry wrote:
My DVDROPM has disappeared itself.

Don't know if this is appropriate place to make this query. If not would appreciate suggestion for correct plade.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system which yesterday had DVDROM showing up for reading a disc bot today not there.

Looked on Google for solution but solution which came up is involving editing registry and such which I don't feel confident to do just now.

Andrea