Re: While We're On The Subject Of Winamp

Ron Canazzi

Hi Tony and Group,

While I concede that you are probably right about Winamp going to that great big cyber haven in the sky, you would think they would pull down the information on the Winamp home page:

"extensive and exciting new changes are coming to Winamp in the near future..."

and

"As you may have heard from other sources Winamp and Shoutcast were recently purchased by Radionomy from AOL...."

Maybe they don't want final disposition for some unknown reason or maybe there is some sort of court fight that has frozen things in place???

On 5/12/2017 9:21 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,

The version that we all seeem to have running is the final version of
the program. The program is gone to cyber heaven and now has its star on
the accessible programs walk of fame.

Tony
On 5/12/2017 4:14 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

There have been a number of posts about Winamp and its functionality
with NVDA. I am wondering if anyone has any real news about whether
or not there will ever be another release of Winamp. I still use 5.66
build 3516 on my Windows 8 system and it's fine, but when I visit the
Winamp home page www.winamp.com, I see nothing new as far as the
official information since late 2014 and the forums latest update is
from September 2015.

Does anyone have any current information? I would really like to
know. It's beginninng to sound more and more like vapor software:
something that is talked about much, but never appears again.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"