From: Robert A. Hansen
Sent: 15 May 2017 00:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Accessibility issues

Hello all,

I am Robert H.  I have been using NVDA since Fall of 2013.  I ran it on

Windows 7, Lenovo laptop, and Windows 8.1, Toshiba Satellite laptop.  I

have had good luck and positive experience with NVDA, including the

transition to Windows 10 on both of my laptops in 2015.  A few days ago

I received a Windows 10 Build 1607 on both of my laptops.  I have

noticed a big decline in the accessibility of NVDA with this windows

update.  The ever present "unknown" is all over the place.  This occurs

on both my laptops that I own. Each laptop has the same build of Windows

10 running on it.  I noticed this on the task bar at first.  Now I have

noticed it on the Mozila Firefox browser and Mozila Thunderbird email

program. I use Mozila firefox and thunderbird exclusively.  There are a

few other places I have heard the "unknon" word uttered.  Also, when I

backspace to erase or make corrections, I do not hear what I am

correcting.  Has anyone else out there experienced this decline in

accessibility?  Am I doing something wrong?

Also webpages do not read correctly or not at all.

Thank you for any help I can get.

--

Sincerely, Robert A. Hansen roberthansen1970@... WZRD Chicago 88.3

FM www.wzrdchicago.org