Re: Using Kodi with nvda, and the speech addon.

Matt Turner

Hi, that's what I've done over here. The developer nose about the problem, so hopefully it will get fixed.

On 5/16/2017 7:51 AM, Mike and Jenna wrote:
Hi,

Is their a way to re-enable the adons or is it better to install the older version and upgrade?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt Turner
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using Kodi with nvda, and the speech addon.

I've done some searching, and it appears that the latest version of kodi, 17.0 disables unnone addons now, by default.

That's whay it wasn't giveing me no speech.

On 5/16/2017 3:44 AM, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Brian: It was called xbmc before. Through a plugin, it can output to
various screen readers in Windows, Mac and Linux. It also supports
SAPI5 in Windows.

Matt: Press F12 once or twice until you hear two beeps (if Kodi does
this sound when it starts, ignore this last sentence). If it still
doesn't work when pressing the arrow keys, you may have SAPI5 as your
speech engine, and a voice which is not working as the selected voice.

Cheers,

Sukil

El 16/05/2017 a las 9:04, Brian's Mail list account escribió:
I'd be wary of anything cross platform myself. Most of it tends to be
self voicing if that is in the spec, otherwise it often does not
adhere to any standard of accessibility on any of the platforms it
runs on.

I've never tried this media software myself, didn't it used to be
called different name or did I dream that bit?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-