Re: NVDA with lefthanded keyboard

Ann Byrne

the numpad is on the eft side, though, so both insert+down arrow and capslock+down arrow are a real stretch. I will check out the lap top keyboard.

At 10:05 AM 5/16/2017, you wrote:
Where is the insert on the main keyboard. You can use either the insert on the numpad and down arrow or the insert on the main keyboard and down arrow. the caps lock when used as an NVDA key, duplicates all commands that are insert plus key or keys combinations. You can use the insert even if you have capslock enabled as an NVDA key. It isn't one or the other. It enables another NVDA key. It doesn't stop the others from functioning.

You said the person can't use his right hand so I tried both inserts and down arrow using my left hand. Insert on the main keyboard and down arrow is easy to do with the left hand. Numpad insert is not convenient, though I was able to do it with some annoyance by using my thumb on the numpad insert and my little finger for down arrow.

From: <mailto:annakb@sbcglobal.net>Ann Byrne
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:18 AM
To: <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with lefthanded keyboard

My student is currently using a keyboard with the numpad, including
the enter key, to the left of the regular keys instead of the
right. Using capslock as the NVDA key. Is there an alternative to
NVDA+down arrow for sayAll? He can use the numpad keys, but that is
only the review cursor. Unable to use his right hand at all, he
would have to reach from capslock to the arrows to do this,
yes? He's a guy with lovely large hands ... but not quite *that large.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ann