Re: NVDA with lefthanded keyboard

Ann Byrne

You're thinking of the insert key on the six pack? Interesting idea.

At 05:10 PM 5/16/2017, you wrote:
yes, the numpad arrows can't be used. But where is the insert on the main keyboard, not the numpad insert? If that is in the ordinary place, insert down arrow, both on the main keyboard is not a difficult command.

From: <mailto:annakb@sbcglobal.net>Ann Byrne
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:56 PM
To: <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA with lefthanded keyboard

But he can't use the numpad arrows, right? they are all involved
with review, not cursor movement.
At 10:56 AM 5/16/2017, you wrote:
When I made my comments, I was thinking that the numpad was in the
usual place. Regardless of its location, insert on the main
keyboard and down arrow on the main keyboard is the best way to
execute the command unless you remap it. It may be found to be easy
enough that remapping isn't necessary or advantageous. the numpad
arrow keys, 2 and 8, don't duplicate the main keyboard arrow keys
when NVDA is running. They are used in screen review and in
combination with the numpad insert for object navigation. If you
use numpad insert, you are duplicating the main keyboard insert but
you still must use down arrow on the main keyboard.

De: Ann Byrne
Data: 16 de maio de 2017 15:18
<<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>nvda@nvda.groups.io>mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] NVDA with lefthanded keyboard

My student is currently using a keyboard with the numpad, including
the enter key, to the left of the regular keys instead of the
right. Using capslock as the NVDA key. Is there an alternative to
NVDA+down arrow for sayAll? He can use the numpad keys, but that is
only the review cursor. Unable to use his right hand at all, he
would have to reach from capslock to the arrows to do this,
yes? He's a guy with lovely large hands ... but not quite *that large.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ann