Re: Buttons Not Working On Some Websites

Alexander Masic

it is only to click e.g on the song title and it start play. for my it works fine.

Den 2017-05-17 kl. 01:00, skrev Gene:

Then you need to send a specific page.  I checked with an older version of JAWS I have installed on this page:
I used an almost current version of Firefox, perhaps one version behind. There were no play buttons.  There are many clickable items for playing every track.  That is the case with both JAWS and NVDA. 

I don't recall now, which browser you are using but I seem to recall it's Firefox. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites

No, both programs see buttons.

Daveed

----- Original Message -----
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites

>
>
> I don't use the laptop layout.  Also, are you saying that JAWS sees a button and NVDA doesn't?  It may be, from what you say that NVDA sees the item as something it announces as clickable.  But it is important to be clear about whether NVDA announces button or clicable.

> I don't know if this is a bug.  It may be something that should be looked at but at this point, we have to be clear about what NVDA announces.  Also, when you are looking at an album, does each song have a button in JAWS?  In NVDA, each song has one or two clickable items you can press enter on to play.  Perhaps the first clickable item that causes the entire album to play doesn't work with enter but the individual song items do.

> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Daveed Mandell
> Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:10 PM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites
>
>
> Seems rather awkkward, given that JAWS simply sees this is a button and responds accordingly! Seems like this is a definite bug that needs fixing! What are the laptop equivalents of the keystrokes you suggest? Thanks.
>
> Daveed
>
>
>

>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Gene  <gsasner@...>
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:22 pm
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites
>
> >
> >
> > The following applies to all browsers that use browse mode.  If a button doesn't activate with the space bar, try enter.  If neither work, try the activate command in NVDA, numpad insert and, while holding it, press numpad enter.  That's the long key at the bottom right of the numpad.  The bottom most key.
> > If that doesn't work, route the mouse to the object navigator's position, numpad insert and while holding it, numpad asterisk, the key immediately to the right of the numlock.  Then try left clicking using just numpad asterisk by itself.  Again, that is the key immediately to the right of the numlock.
> > I'm giving these suggestions but their order isn't meant to imply which should be tried in what order.
> > Another thing to try is to move to the button, turn browse mode off, then try space bar and enter if space doesn't work.
> > Turn browse mode off with insert space bar.  Turn it on again with the same command, insert space bar.  You may use either insert.
> > 
> > Gene
> > ----- Original Message -----
> >
> > From: Louis Maher
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:52 PM
> > To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> > Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites
> >
> >
> > Recently, I have had buttons not be shown with Firefox 53  on the Chase and
> > PayPal web pages. I have switched to the Chrome browser.  You might try a
> > different browser.
> >
> >
> > Regards
> > Louis Maher
> > Phone: 713-444-7838
> > E-mail: ljmaher@...
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Daveed
> > Mandell
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:24 AM
> > To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> > Subject: [nvda] Buttons Not Working On Some Websites
> >
> > Hello:
> >
> > I notice that on some websites buttons don't work with NVDA. For instance,
> > on the music website bandcamp.com, one can play songs and albums. However,
> > when I prebbs a play butson with NVDA nothing happens. I still use JAWS
> > infrequently, and when I recently tried JAWS with bandcamp.comeathe play
> > bustons worked just fine. Is this a bug in NVDA that should be reporsed, or
> > must I change any specific settings? Thanks so much for any suggestions
> > and/or assistance.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Daveed Mandell
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.