Some VMware tips.
First, VMware does some mapping of the keys to give you more mac-like functionality (e.g. cmd+c for copy, etc). This can be disabled in the preferences, I think it's called keyboard profiles.
Next, you need an NVDA key. Go get SharpKeys and map something with that. You can also use this to reverse the Alt and Windows keys to be more PC-like.

On 5/20/2017 5:26 PM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi,
For example, I tried to map it to f6, but it won’t do anything, when I
press F6+N, to bring up the NVDA menu.

What can I do?

On May 20, 2017, at 8:17 PM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com
<mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>> wrote:

Then Maybe I'm wrong. If right alt worked before, maybe there is a
way to do it again. But since you haven't been able to do it, perhaps
there is some slight difference in your installation of Windows this
time. But I'm not saying you can't do it. Maybe someone else will
have some ideas.

*From:* Jessica D <mailto:jldail13@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:49 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Windows Key commands not working?

Hi,
I once had it maped to “right alt, which worked.

Then, due to a technical issue, I had to re-install Windows.

I’ve already tried to contact Microsoft disability answer desk, and
they weren’t helpful.

What can I do?
I need something that works consistently, without all the drawbacks, I
mentioned earlier.

Windows 10

Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 6:13 AM

Hi,
I'm using
vmWare fusion, and having a similar problem.
When I press "windows a, nothing
happens.
All other commands work.
I don't currently have an NVDA key, because
you can't use insert, under vmWare fusion.
What could I use instead?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2017, at 1:17 AM, Laurie Mehta
via Groups.Io <lauriemehta=yahoo.com@groups.io
<mailto:lauriemehta=yahoo.com@groups.io>>
wrote:

Is there a
problem no matter which Windows key you use?
What I mean is-- if you use the Windows
key on the left side of the space bar (along with the letter
to make the keyboard command) does the problem happen?
Likewise, if you use the Windows key on
the right side of the space bar to make the keyboard
commands, is the problem happening?
realize that using one or the other Windows key will be
awkward along with certain letters but I'm asking
because I've seen laptops with abbreviated keyboards
where the key on one side or the other (of the keyboard)
seems to be mapped strangely and will not perform as
expected.

-LM

On Sat, 4/15/17, Brandon Keith Biggs
<brandonkeithbiggs@gmail.com <mailto:brandonkeithbiggs@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Subject:
[nvda] Windows Key commands not working?
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, April 15, 2017, 9:05 AM

Hello,I just got
a computer and the windows key commands do
not work. When I
press windows+m or
windows+d all I hear is the letter being
said and not the command being executed. I
can press the
Windows key and the start
menu opens and when I go into
input
help and press windows+d I hear "windows+d",
but the command does not pass through to
the
computer.Does anyone know what may
be happening?
There are some access
restrictions on the computer, but I am
not aware of any access restriction that would restrict
the
windows key commands not working.I
am guessing
that the commands are being
stopped somewhere in the event
tree
because otherwise NVDA would not say windows+d. Does
anyone know of what may be causing
this?Thank
you,
Brandon Keith