Re: different configuration profiles and different dictionaries

Ricardo Leonarczyk

Hello Annemiek,

There's another version of the applications dictionary add-on,
tailored to work with profiles instead of applications.
Once installed, you just need to open the profile you want to create a
dictionary for, and press NVDA+shift+p. The normal NVDA dictionary
dialog will open for you to add entries valid only for the active
profile (the profile name must appear somewhere in the dialog title
bar).
You are not allowed to add dictionaries to the main NVDA configuration though.
I also recommend you uninstall or disable the applications dictionary
add-on before installing this one, to avoid shortcut conflicts and
other possible issues. You can have the same functionality just adding
a dictionary to a profile triggered by application. You can also
assign other keys to it if you really want to have both.
In your case you can just create two manually activated profiles,
associate dictionaries to them using the add-on, and select the
profile as needed.
Be aware that if you have a triggered profile and activate a manual
one, both having dictionaries, the two dictionaries will be working at
the same time.
Finally, it's not thoroughly tested and may present bugs. I didn't
tested it on a portable copy of NVDA for example. If you have problems
with it just let me know.

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybcel8ejrt8riyb/profileDictionary.nvda-addon?dl=1

I hope it helps.
Ricardo M. Leonarczyk

Thank you for your reply. That is a pity. I don’t think my blind students
want to use two different voices. They could use two different usb-sticks,
of course . In NVDA you can make different configuration profiles. What does
this mean? I hoped that I could make one profile with dictionary A and one
profile with dictionary B. But that is not possible

Annemiek van Leendert

Expertise: rekenen en wiskunde voor leerlingen met een visuele beperking

Koninklijke Visio
Expertisecentrum voor slechtziende en blinde mensen
Heindijk 4
3079 PM Rotterdam
www.visio.org<https://webmail.visio.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=hXCFUqlMCkS7e96alSRwx-abvAsI79EIWjC0BUM8qMb0bFXzSH1Wtq8bbt-TR9mvWa11LqXeanE.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.visio.org>

werkdagen: dinsdag, woensdag en vrijdag

________________________________
De: Annemiek van Leendert
Data: 16 de maio de 2017 18:04
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
dictionaries

Hello,

Thank you very much. I still need some help. .Actually, I want two
different
dictionaries for Word. I downloaded the add-on. What do I have to do next?
(sorry, I just started with NVDA)

Annemiek

De: Rui Fontes
Data: 16 de maio de 2017 16:12
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
dictionaries

If each profile is for a different application, you can use this addon.

Regards,

Rui Fontes