Re: Window-Eyes Tutorials and Transition

Tony Ballou

Hi,

I agree, in my years of doing this whether it be learning a screen
reader or having to transition from one to another myself or working
with clients who have had to do the same thing, it is always the concept
that tends to catch folks off guard a bit. In my own personal
experience, I am engaged in my own struggle with the object navigation
concept, and I've yet to address the touch cursor situation, for I don't
have a touch screen, hopefully I'm making sense here grins. As Joseph
points out, knowing how concepts such as browse mode, object navigation,
and touch cursor, work should make things easier. Looking forward to
listening to the presentation on this subject.

Tony

On 5/22/2017 8:34 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
When it comes to screen reader transitions, what's more important is concepts. All three screen readers have similar command structure for some things but not others. However, an effective transition would not be complete without learning how certain concepts work, such as touch cursor, object navigation, browse mode and so on.
For those looking into transitioning between screen readers, I'd advise listening to an audio recording of screen reader comparison that was presented during NVDACon 2017 (audio to be made available soon).
Cheers,
Josepjh