Re: A very damn well written article promoting NVDA

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

How do you use the feature if you’re trying to read an article?   Also is it true with the latest Firefox you can’t use WebVvisum?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A very damn well written article promoting NVDA

It doesn't fix bugs.  The only thing it does is provide security updates.  It provides such support because many people can't use Edge yet because they don't use Windows 10.  Also, Edge is not fully accessible yet.  But no technical improvements have been made in Internet Explorer for years.  It is really legacy software that gets security fixes at this point.

One feature firefox has that some blind people find useful is one that removes lots of extraneous material from web pages with articles on them such as newspaper or magazine articles.

Another feature I very much like is searchable book marks.  I don't worry about organizing book marks.  I can search for the one I want so easily that if it is inconvenient to get to it by arrowing or by first letter navigation, I do a search.  I don't use addons to any extent but Firefox has a lot of add ons.  Internet Explorer doesn't have many.

And I suspect that Internet Explorer, as it ages, works more poorly on more sites than firefox or Chrome.  Also, Internet Explorer supports Active X controls which are a needless security risk.  Neither Firefox nor Chrome support Active X controls by default and site designers don't use them these days.  But Internet Explorer still supports them, providing a useless feature, that serves as a vector to try to put malware onto machines.