Re: Window-Eyes Tutorials and Transition

Tony Ballou

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately, I don't know any of them personally. Several of the apps were written by members or because of the way things have gone down, former members of the staff. I'll try and help find you some folks to connect with.

Tony

On 5/24/2017 12:34 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi Tony,

Do you know any Window-Eyes app scripters besides Jeff Bishop? If so, please have them write to me directly, as I have a proposal for them.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Window-Eyes Tutorials and Transition

Howdy Mate,

That's what I was thinking also. If there are any other window eyes users out there whether they be former like myself or current who would like to help me with this endeavor, come on in, because there's loads I don't know. I'll try to have some basic ground work for the sheet up for all of you to look at by tomorrow.   

Tony

On 5/23/2017 5:09 PM, Gene wrote:

You can't compare the Window-eyes mouse pointer to object navigation.  You can give commands in NVDA for read current line, previous line, next line, and similar review commands

But you have to learn object navigation on its own. 

Screen review should be easy to teach since it is similar.  There are different commands but it's similar in movement and concept.

Commands such as read to end can be given.  As for browse mode, commands are either similar or identical in Window-eyes or NVDA.  I haven't used Window-eyes to any extent for years but just listing NVDA commands such as move by heading, h, skip blocks of links, n, move to next button, b, etc. should be sufficient. It should be explained how to stop automatic going into browse mode and how to change audio indications to words. 

As I more or less said earlier,  most of what most users do is use program commands, Windows commands, and quick navigation commands. 

In my opinion, that is the first important point to be made.

Maybe I'll try writing something.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:42 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Window-Eyes Tutorials and Transition

Hi,

Give me a couple of days, Let me see what I can come up with

Tony

On 5/23/2017 2:38 PM, Brandon Cross wrote:

Yeah, agreed, I tried window eyes briefly, not enough to get a grasp on it, but if anyone did know both intimately, it would be a worthwhile venture to make a little cheat sheet, or more if needed. An article of sourts maybe.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 7:40 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Amen!

I will be here to help anyone coming from Window-Eyes to switch to NVDA for their screen reader. I hope this does become a great way to promote NVDA and get many more people acquainted with it.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Window-Eyes Tutorials and Transition

Hi everyone.

Although I was never a Window-Eyes user, strictly NVDA, I feel that

providing material, similarly to how VFO provided some nice

transitional material to help transition to JAWS is a very good idea

for NVDA. This will be especially beneficial to those persons who are

using the Free for Office Edition. As there is a page on the wiki and

NVDACon, I hope this suggestion can come to reality, as there is a

good opportunity to extend NVDA's reach and popularity, as well as

reporting features and bugs.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.