Re: Using NVDA to Create a Digital Signature in Word

Tony Ballou

Hi Dave,

I think you're thinking about something different here. This is for
using Microsoft word as the program for inserting the digital signature
rather than scanning it into a document. Although that is also a very
plausible way to get the same job done.

Tony

On 5/25/2017 7:38 PM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

Is this digital signature the same as scanning in a signature and
using that as a signature? Or am I thinking of something else?

'm needing a way to make documents legally binding.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 5/25/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hello David,

If my memory serves me correct, Using the doc format will work as long
as Microsoft word is installed The rtf format works on any windows based
system regardless. As for a digital signature here's how to do it.

Press alt+n for Insert, then g to open a signature menu. From here,
either a Microsoft Office Signature Line or "Add signature services" can
be selected. There are a number of services which can be subscribed to,
which allow digitally signing various types of documents (not only Word
documents). Many of these can be integrated into Word.
When a Microsoft Office signature line is added, a dialog opens allowing
you to include: the name, title and contact details of the signatory.
The document can be signed by selecting the signature line and choosing
"sign" from the context menu. In the dialog which appears, the focus is
on an edit field to type your name. There is also a link to select an
image of your actual signature instead. Personal details and also the
signing service to use can also be updated.
If no signing service is selected, the document can still be signed,
however, it will not be as secure or verifiable.

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 5/25/2017 2:52 PM, David Russell wrote:
Hello NVDA Group,

I am looking for a set of instructions -user-friendly for sightless
NVDA users that would tell someone how to set up a digital signature
in a document for others to add their signature and date, then return
by email attachment. It is for a Publisher Agreement.

I also wonder would it be best to send this as a doc file or RTF since
not everyone can use PDF?
Thanks in advance. I need an answer within a few hours.