Hi Gene,

Oh yeah, if you stumble over that step, that sure can happen to you, I forgot about that one.

Tony

On 5/25/2017 7:52 PM, Gene wrote:
Because if you run the installer with no screen-reader active, you may receive a message and not know it.  If you don't respond properly to the message, the installation won't begin.  No matter what screen-reader you install, you should have something running before you run the installer.

I'll have to think about whether I want to include the laptop layout and information about how to switch to it.  I may do so or I may tell people how to find the quick keyboard commands reference in the documentation.

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a more r less finished draft of my transition guide from Window-eyes

Hello Gene,

I just read your tutorial draft. I have a thanks, a question, and a comment.

The thanks, thanks for the information on the switching synth method and sapi5.

The question, you mentioned that your using desktop mode. Can you
extend the tutorial to include the laptop keystrokes for those
transitioning from a laptop.

And the comment, during the install you load narrator then a little
later unload it. Why is this?

Thanks.
Dave.