Re: Brltty with Windows 10 Creators update

Deborah Armstrong <debee@...>

The reason using Brltty can be important is because it supports thos old, no longer produced, no longer documented Braille displays. And you can find them on Ebay for a song!

I still don't have Brltty working in Win10 but I was incorrect in my previous post. I can't actually find a brltty.conf file at all, so I'm guessing my settings for current display and interface port are stored elsewhere.  I was looking at my windows 7 machine where the brltty.conf is in C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY\etc. In my Windows 10 machine, I have a brltty folder directly under the windows folder. Then there's an etc folder under that, and a brltty folder under that but no brltty.conf.

I'd really like to get this working, and am avoiding calling the Microsoft Disability Answer desk, because I bet they know less about Brltty than I do.