Re: IRC clients that work well with NVDA

Sukil Etxenike <sukiletxe@...>

Hi,

I've tried Thunderbird (which fails to read incoming messages automatically), Instantbird (which is not bad at all), Miranda (which I don't recommend) and Chatzilla, a Firefox add-on (which is what I use now). The only problem with Chatzilla is that it clutters your preferences when it is not needed (i. e. one view, one preference item).

Hth,

Sukil

El 26/05/2017 a las 19:22, Deborah Armstrong escribió:
At NVDACon, we briefly discussed IRC clients and I'd like some more information.  Irc appeals to me over voice-chatting because I'm often at work and don't want to make it obvious that I'm not always working on what the boss would like me working on. It's also why I don't Skype that often.

I'd like to hang out on Irc with some NVDA users, but in the past, I haven't found clients that worked that great. Most of them did not make it easy to skim messages, and many repeated info I'd already heard because the screen reader had trouble tracking what I'd read already.

I did use Talking Irc for a while, which I really liked but it has malware or something that Norton antivirus whined about and I didn't want to risk continuing to use it.
Also I see that the Irc link at the bottom of NVDA digest post is different than the link on the NVDA community page. Are there two different places where users hang out?their