Re: How To Know If You Have The Latest NVDA Update

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Tom,
Yesterday I used a computer with the 2017.1 version of NVDA and it offered me to update to the 2017.2 that was just released.
So if you don't have the latest version, it should propose you to update.
To check which version of NVDA you have,
open the NVDA menu with nvda+n,
choose help (with the up arrow keys) or type h
choose about with up arrow or type a.
You will hear the content of the displayed dialog alert in typing nvda+b.
This should be nvda 2017.2
I hope this helps!
Best
Sylvie

Le 30/05/2017 à 16:09, Tom Behler a écrit :

Hello, everyone.

I’m very new to NVDA, having just installed the program and joined this list a week or so ago.

I understand there is a new NVDA update, but I’m not sure how to know what version of NVDA I currently have, and how to get the latest update.

Or, does NVDA update itself automatically?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan