Re: NVDA tutorials posted to Accessibilitycentral.net

Sally Kiebdaj

Thank you!!!!
Sally

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Expect a huge announcement today regarding a transition guide.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sally Kiebdaj
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA tutorials posted to Accessibilitycentral.net

Hello all

Thank you for compiling these and especially for highlighting the transition from another screen reader tutorials.

As one of those longtime window-eyes users having to switch, I definitely have more than jitters and appreciate the inclusion of window-eyes references in some of these tutorials.

Are there any other window-eyes related posts or threads I should know about?

Thank you again for this!

Sally

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@....nz> wrote:

Hi guys

It is Gene NZ (who is putting together the AccessibilityCentral.net
website). It is a blindness related website where I also post both
written and audio tutorials for the NVDA screen reader, along with other
blindness related material.

These are fairly easy to follow, (that is they are step by step
instructions) and for a desktop computer.
They are basically, to get a new user of NVDA up and running.

At present, any that are written are identified under a heading on the
main AccessibilityCentral.net homepage of the website. The heading is
called pages recently updated, and they are listed below this heading or
put onto my AccessibilityCentral.net Facebook page.

Recently updated:  How to show or hide columns in your Mozilla
Thunderbird email header (changes made)
http://accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

New: Added new page called Migrating to NVDA from another screen reader
for both a desktop and laptop user (new link added to all NVDA related
pages
http://accessibilitycentral.net/Migrating%20from%20other%20screen%20readers%20to%20the%20NVDA%20screen%20reader.html).

I will add more tutorials to this thread as they are written up.

Gene NZ

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net. Regardless of where you