Re: soft-voice and objPad comments

From: Dennis L
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] soft-voice and objPad comments

Where do you get the object pad add on?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I haven't used ObjPad but I don't think your description is accurate.  The documentation appears to indicate that it allows moving through objects without respect to their position in the tree, if that is a proper way to put it, in other words, without respect to whether they are parent or child.  You evidently don't have to move into a child object to move through it.  But that is not the same as screen review and there are times when you see something in screen review you don't in object navigation.  the opposite is also true depending on how a program is designed.

It is important not to provide misleading information when describing something.

You may be enthusiastic about the add on because you don't like using object navigation as it is implemented in NVDA itself.  But my preference is to see how things are organized.  You are making it sound as though the add on somehow does more than object navigation in NVDA.  It appears to me that that isn't true.  It just does it differently.

Others will, I hope, indicate whether my understanding is correct.