Re: Automatic DownLoading and Installation of NVDA updates and AddOns

Dennis L

Ok let me explain what I expect and what it didn’t do.  I expect it to check for updates when NVDA is started this didn’t happen.  I didn’t find in help of the add-on an option to check for updateds.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 2:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Automatic DownLoading and Installation of NVDA updates and AddOns

Hi,

I can't help you at this point.

To say simply that it "does not work" is insufficient for me.

Cheers

Adriano

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 12:01 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Automatic DownLoading and Installation of NVDA updates and AddOns

The weather one doesn’t work.  I had to manually download and install the add-on.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi

The idea of having the add ons come down automatically or alerting you of the update i do not mind.

Joseph has done it with the windows 10 essentials add on and the weather one is slightly different but does the same idea.

I think they are looking into having it done but things have to be worked out.

I would rather pick my own add ons and if down the track once installed they alert me of the update then download automatically then install no problem with that.

But i do not like the idea of having all add ons even the ones i do not want come down if i do not use them.

I am sure when one time i downloaded a copy of window eyes it automatically got them maybe even the ones i did not want.

Some people might not have alot of space on there hard drives.

Gene nz

On 31/05/2017 1:20 AM, James Robinson wrote:

Hello!

I would like to see NVDA have an automatic downloading and installing of each latest update while NVDA is running and it would be good if all of the latest new AddOns would be gathered up or collected in one folder and also automatically downloaded and installed once every three months, which means us amatures would be able to get the latest updates and AddOns automatically and would not miss out on important updates and AddOns; I often don’t know which updates and/or AddOns to download and install, sometimes missing them altogether, so this practice would help me immensely in keeping up to date with the development of NVDA, as it strives to keep pace with Windows 10 development; maybe this is a bit unrealistic but it could work and benefit all of us NVDA users; in order to facilitate financial donations, NVDA users could subscribe to email notifications with financial request adds in the emails and a checkbox could be added somewhere in NVDA to turn this feature on or off and give people automatic donations in whichever amount they wish; I know I am acting lazy here but many new NVDA users could be helped by knowing he or she has the most current product available; and I think you guys for listening to me on this matter.

Sincerely,

James Arthur Robinson, President
Jardata Corporation

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net. Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations or location is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries | Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa -

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.