Re: suggestion: giving google chrome a try Performance degradation in current Firefox

Kevin Chao

Based on previous report, I filed 5 bugs on crbug.com:

* [a11y] NVDA - navigating reports previously focused item+currently focused https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=600150

* [a11y] NVDA Moving through a paragraph in an edit field line by line will invariably announce the entire paragraph https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=600149

* [a11y] NVDA reports "unknown" with disconcerting frequency - 3+ times until Tab-key is pressed https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=600145#

* [a11y] Autocorrection isn't reported by NVDA and moves caret unexpectedly https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=600148

* [a11y] Backspace doesn't speak in contentEditables (e.g. message body in Inbox or GMail) https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=600146

Please star/comment!

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 8:11 AM Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 5:32 AM Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi!
Great! Indeed it looks like some things got ironed out.
Great that you've noticed some improvements within the week of them being reported on this list! :)
For example, the document seems to reliably get NVDA's attention after pressing enter in the address field.
Excellent! Actionable feedback drives improvements.
That's very good news. However, I'm not switching by a long shot.
View it as relative, not absolute switch. It's another tool in toolbox.
Backspace doesn't speak in edit fields,
Is this *all* or a specific edit field(s)? If ladder, step to reproduce, please. Thanks!
text I type sometimes gets scrambled
Same as above. Example with repro steps. What was done right before the "scramble" and what indicates that this "scramble" happened?
because the caret doesn't move
Does NVDA report something indicating this?
as expected when Chrome thinks it should autocorrect
Is there NVDA feedback for this?
something, and it still says "unknown
Example with repro steps.
" with disconcerting frequency
Examples that quantifies this frequency. e.g. I did xyz and it said "unknown" 3/5 times.
. Moving through a paragraph in an edit field line by line will invariably announce the entire paragraph
Examples and repro steps.
. And on inbox.google.com it will still announce what previously had focus
Is this when using TAB, NVDA quick-nav, or Inbox keyboard shortcut?
rather than what just gained it.
Sorry for sounding more disappointed than I wanted to sound, but this is Google's own website with Google's own browser, so I was expecting that all of the basics would be covered.
It's about progress and there is no such thing as perfection... It'd be good if you're able to provide detailed specifics with repro steps using Chrome Send Feedback.
Still, here comes the positive ending note: Signing in works beautifully now. That's something I had been struggling with for a long time so as far as that's concerned I'm delighted.
Great about progress, but let's push forward with ensuring improvements where needed happen for NVDA!
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 at 14:02 Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
Hello,

But what happens with Captcha solving in Chrome?

Ciao,
Ollie