Re: Moving to NVDA

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:53 am, Gene wrote:
I consider the Window-eyes JAWS emulation layout to be a gimmick that actually works against people learning Window-eyes fully since the JAWS emulation doesn't incorporate all the Window-eyes commands.

And I have to concur.

In virtually all cases the "crutches" that are offered are just that:  crutches.   I don't like the JAWS virtual ribbon because it stops people from learning how to use the Windows ribbon, which is never going away.  There are all sorts of these things and they do as much, sometimes more, damage than good.

Not having used Window Eyes much I can't speak to what it would be like to transition to either JAWS or NVDA, but having done the JAWS to NVDA learning myself, and flip-flopping back and forth between the two, both are most functional when understood on their own terms.  And what they have in common is, in my opinion, far more than what separates them (though some of those separating things can come in really, really handy at times on both sides of the equation).

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.332

            Niels Bohr