Re: having trouble with a folder I created in thunderbird

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rosemary,

Does the folder show up in the list of folders when you created the filter? If so and if you select it correctly, there should be no problem. I know that the folder structure when creating a filter is a bit shaky with screen readers. I believe you have to treat the list like a combo box or a tree view. You have to use the left and right arrows on the list to open the list of sub folders under the inbox and then you have to highlight the proper folder--using the object navigation in NVDA and then either click the item with the left mouse button (numpad slash) and then perhaps close the combo box with the left arrow key to make sure the selection is secure. This sounds a bit clumsy but I can't think of how else to describe it. I believe that the key is to select the folder properly when creating the filter.

If this approach doesn't work and you say that the folder can't be found, maybe it is something as simple as the presence or lack of a space in the folder name that exists in either the filter designation itself or the folder name.

Hi, everyone,

I just joined the support thunderbird list at mozilla. I created a folder for it but when I tried to run the filter I have, I got a message saying the folder couldn't be found. I know it's there so what could be going on? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.