Re: latest Skype update

valiant8086

Hi.

I have both skype universal, and skype for desktop, on 3 of my computers. For all of those, if I launch the skype universal app, it continues using that one, it starts by default and I get notifications from that one in my action center etc. If I launch the skype for desktop program instead, it closes down the skype universal app and that universal app stopps notifying me, calls come in via skype for desktop. So, try running the skype icon on your desktop. If you don't have it, try downloading skype for desktop from the skype.com website. Once you install it, it'll disable the skype universal app until you manually run skype universal. you may occasionally be asked if you'd like to try upgrading to the new universal app while running the desktop app, but if you ignore these and hit no it won't force you, at least it hasn't yet.

Lastly, the skype universal app is completely accessible, it's just screen readers aren't doing a terribly good job dealing with it. JAWS for one is very sluggish and reads the conversations and contact and message lists poorly, NVDA handles that better, and NVDA even does or did support reading of chats using insert+shift+1 through 0, that might be a feature of win10 app essentials though.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>
On 6/3/2017 5:11 PM, Chris wrote:

Hello

I don’t know if its still the same but a while ago I just simply uninstalled the skype app and stuck with the desktop version ever since and the app has never returned since

But as far as I can remember both both should run together  with no issue or it did do

Sorry if that is not much help

Good luck