IE Favorites menu

Don H

I know this isn't a NVDA problem as it happens with all screen readers but maybe someone has a solution.
Running Win 10 64 bit Creator and IE is set as my default browser.
On a fairly regular basis I have the problem of links in my favorites menu will not work. I open IE. I then hit alt a to open the favorites menu. I can arrow down to any of the listed favorites and if I hit the enter key to open the link nothing happens. None of the favorites will work. If I close IE and then go to the favorites folder under my user name all the listed links open just fine. So in summary on a fairly regular basis the pull down favorites menu in IE 11 don't work.
Anyone got a clue?
Thanks