heard about this last night sounds kind of interesting

Tony Ballou

Howdy Gang,

I heard about this event last night. May be worth checking out.

Tony

Inclusive Design 24 (#ID24)
A Free 24-Hour Online Community Event On Accessibility
Organized by The Paciello Group
Everyone has a role to play – what's yours?
Inclusive Design 24 celebrates efforts worldwide to ensure people with
disabilities have full and equal access to the web. To this end, we will
be holding 24 completely free one-hour webinars on all things
accessibility. The sessions range from beginner to advanced and are
aimed at everyone from executives to web developers.
This year, we will go beyond accessibility compliance. The focus for
#ID24 2017 is “levelling up” – taking your skills and knowledge beyond
the basics and beyond compliance.
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Tweets
George Spohn Retweeted
The Paciello Group (screen name: paciellogroup)
Very excited about an announcement we'll be making during #ID24... watch
this space https://inclusivedesign24.org/
3h
Like Share Tweet

How to join
No sign-up. No registration. All sessions will be streamed live and
publicly on YouTube – see the entire playlist for the event. Live
captions for each session will be available.
Have a question for a presenter? No problem! Tweet your questions to
@paciellogroup using the #ID24 hashtag and our moderators will make sure
they get them answered for you.
Sessions
All times shown for your current local time ( UTC -4 )
8:00PM
8 June
(0:00 UTC)
Cordelia McGee-Tubb
Accessible Comics!!!
View video/stream Show details
9:00PM
8 June
(1:00 UTC)
Eric Bailey
Designing for Inclusion with Media Queries
View video/stream Show details
10:00PM
8 June
(2:00 UTC)
Jason Kiss
Practical Accessibility Assessment: Getting past compliance testing
View video/stream Show details
11:00PM
8 June
(3:00 UTC)
Bryce Johnson
Friction that fits - Unlocking universal fun
View video/stream Show details
12:00AM
(4:00 UTC)
Russ Weakly
Creating accessible "floating" labels
View video/stream Show details
1:00AM
(5:00 UTC)
Eric Eggert
ARIA Serious?
View video/stream Show details
2:00AM
(6:00 UTC)
Chaals McCathie Nevile
SVG accessibility
View video/stream Show details
3:00AM
(7:00 UTC)
Andrew Arch
From technical conformance to user-centred design in the Australian
Government
View video/stream Show details
4:00AM
(8:00 UTC)
Henny Swan
Inclusive Design Principles
View video/stream Show details
5:00AM
(9:00 UTC)
Florian Sanders, Aurélie Houssin and Nathalie Dufour.
Frenchies, trains and web accessibility
View video/stream Show details
6:00AM
(10:00 UTC)
Johan Huijkman
Accessibility is dead. Long live usability
View video/stream Show details
7:00AM
(11:00 UTC)
Shwetank Dixit
Accessible Smart Cities: The Way Forward
View video/stream Show details
8:00AM
(12:00 UTC)
Nidhi Arora
Democratising Knowledge
View video/stream Show details
9:00AM
(13:00 UTC)
Makoto Ueki
Designing Accessible Web Content for Older Users
View video/stream Show details
10:00AM
(14:00 UTC)
Suzanne Clarke
Making accessible games at the BBC
View video/stream Show details
11:00AM
(15:00 UTC)
Molly Ford-Williams
Go Hack Yourself
View video/stream Show details
12:00PM
(16:00 UTC)
Jared Smith
Rethinking Color and Contrast
View video/stream Show details
1:00PM
(17:00 UTC)
Jesse Beach
Scaling accessibility improvements with tools and process at Facebook
View video/stream Show details
2:00PM
(18:00 UTC)
Cynthia Shelly
52 Usability Studies in a CSUN booth
View video/stream Show details
3:00PM
(19:00 UTC)
Lainey Feingold
What is Compliance? Using the Law to Frame Accessibility as a Civil Right
View video/stream Show details
4:00PM
(20:00 UTC)
Jennifer Krul and Janna Cameron
Enhancing technology through inclusive UX research
View video/stream Show details
5:00PM
(21:00 UTC)
Chris O'Brien
Thinking Beyond Described Video with Integrated Described Video (IDV)
View video/stream Show details
6:00PM
(22:00 UTC)
Birkir Gunnarsson
ARIA 51, when a powerful standard is used wrong
View video/stream Show details
7:00PM
(23:00 UTC)
Denis Boudreau
2017 design trends and their impact on accessibility
View video/stream Show details