Re: Incredibly odd problem with the NVDA modifier key

Quentin Christensen

Interesting, I haven't seen that.  If you press NVDA+1 to go into input help mode, what does NVDA report when you then press the numpad insert key?

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
OK, this makes no sense, and I'm highly surprised that no one has seen it, given the fact I've reproduced it on about 6 different computers here, and have also had about 5 of my other friends reproduce it as well.

Ever since updating to NVDA 2017.2, my numpad insert key has completely stopped working as the NVDA modifier.

I looked in the keyboard preferences and both caps lock and numpad insert are checked. I've unchecked and re, checked both checkboxes individually as well as at the same time. I've restarted NVDA, I've rebooted, I've unloaded all plugins and simply reinstalled from a fresh copy with not a single addon running, and all default stock settings.

I've tried with both a portable copy, as well as a full installation.

I've converted a portable to a full install, as well as downloaded the setup file and installed directly with no success.

I even used Revo to remove NVDA so that no traces of any app data were behind. Then reinstalled. No good.

I've tried this on Windows 7 Home, Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, all 3 of those, I've tried both with X86 as well as X64.

I've tried with Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, and even had a friend who's a college student try with Windows 10 Education. All of those were tested as well on both X86 and X64. This was reproduced on every single one of those systems 100% consistently.

Before anyone asks the obvious, yes, num lock was disabled. I'm not that far gone.

I looked through the diag logs and saw nothing that indicated what the problem was.

I checked for an NVDA update and found nothing.

I installed the snapshot next branch and had the same problem.

I tested with JAWS to be sure it wasn't something screwy in general going on with my insert key, but in JFW, it works flawlessly, plus the fact it's happenning on more than one system...

I even was so desperet, I tried with XP Pro, and that even was reproducible.

What gives!

Chris.

--
Quentin Christensen