Re: W10 creators update

Steve Nutt

Eh?

You can do all the ways you used to do.  You can press Windows-D then F4.  You can switch off by just pressing the power button if you have it programmed.  There are loads of ways to do it.

All the best

Steve

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of slery
Sent: 09 June 2017 05:32
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] W10 creators update

I get to the shut down button every day using the keyboard. Press windows key, tab (this takes you to the navigation pane) and arrow down till you get the right button.

I find it very annoying that so many things now take you multiple steps to do when the used to be one or two steps.

Cindy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Gamages
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2017 10:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] W10 creators update

I have been looking at the content of the new creators update for W 10, it seems, as always, there is little to make our lives easier as blind and visually impaired.  Three D pictures and gaming, plus “improved” edge browser.

It would be better if theyconcentrated on things that have gone wrong so far, one such is the innability of getting to the power button with the keyboard, I don’t thinl this is only me as others have reported it on freelists, it’s stil there and accessigble with the mouse, but the keyboard? no, I can close down with alt f4 of course, but that’s not the point.

After all that, do you think this is going to be yet another of those updates  which will install whether we like it or not? it seems likely if we have automatic updates set.  I don’t want it at any price, it will do nothing to make my life easier, indeed, it may even make it harder and more complicated.

What is your opinion on the subject? I know Microsoft intend to ask if we want to do anything with our settings, but we should have the option of refusing this update, it’s the thing that I don’t like about W10, it seems to want to do things to our machines whether we want it or not, I state as an example that my Wife’s photos were put into completely different folders without her permission when she got the anniversary update, I suppose she must have clicked to say she wanted it, but she can’t remember doing any such thing.

O K rant over, comments please!!!

Jim.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.