From: Gene
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2017 3:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Incredibly odd problem with the NVDA modifier key

Did you read the entire message?  It says that many machines of many different users were tried.  It says that both Windows 7 and Windows 10 were tried.  It says that JAWS was tried and the problem didn't exist.  It is clear that the problem didn't exist before installing 17.2.  The message says:
Ever since updating to NVDA 2017.2, my numpad insert key has completely stopped working as the NVDA modifier.
It might be relevant to verify which version of English the computers are set for and to try running 17.1 again but almost every condition you asked about has been tested for, including running without add ons.

Sent: Friday, June 09, 2017 2:02 AM

Hi I cannot duplicate this problem in Windows 7 with UK English with either
laptop or desktop set up with or without  capslock set as nvda key.

Suggestions.
 Something to do with maybe Windows 10 if this is in use on all machines
Oddity in then add on or other software running blocking that key
combination from working.
 Only way to prove its nvda is to go back to an old version and report back,
but from what you say that might not be ideal either.

I wonder what language is set on the machine, could it be mapping that key
before nvda gets to it?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.