From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Jenkins
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 2:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Plugin Development Help!

Hello everyone

I am still very new to NVDA but so far I have loved it. I have been looking at writing a plugin for NVDA that would enhance web browser navigation capabilities. I want to have the plugin be capable of navigating to other HTML tags other than the default ones that are supported (such as links, headings, landmarks, ect). For instance, the plugin would be capable of navigating to the next <section> or <hr> tag. I guess I should first ask if this is even possible? I've gone over a lot of the documentation for writing plugins as well as several of the .py files found on Github (especially the browseMode.py file and virtualBuffers folder). The closes thing I have found would be to add another QuickNav but I feel certain that this would not fully accomplish what I want. Am I on the right track? What do I need to do or learn to make this plugin a reality? Any help would be greatly apprecaited!