Re: Scrolling in the windows console

Gene

I don't think this is an NVDA issue.  I think a sighted person would need to do this as well.  If the console is the same in its operation as the DOS prompt, and I haven't looked into the matter at all, but at a DOS prompt, there is a switch you can use that causes output to be displayed by screen/  For example, dir/p causes directory information to be displayed one screen at a time and you use page down to move to the next screen.

Note the slash after dir followed by p.  I added that for those who are listening with speech and with punctuation off.

Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:56 AM
Subject: [nvda] Scrolling in the windows console

Hi.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.

When I enter a command at the command prompt, if the output is very
long, only around 30 lines of it are available for review with the
review cursor.

I can activate the buttons to scroll the output with object navigation,
however this results in the text disappearing from the terminal object
with only the prompt remaining.

So is there a way to review all console output without having to
redirect it to a file?