From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 08 June 2017 10:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] query

hi

how are you driving nvda on the computer and is your keyboard layout set to desktop or laptop? the default if i remember is desktop and can be changed under the keyboard settings in NVDA.

Are you arrowing down line by line with the down arrow key? or do you want it to read the current line? it is the nvda key + up arrow key to read the current line with a desktop.

I am also guessing in the document formatting section of nvda you have the following checked. for example line numbers checked. Uncheck it then tab down to the ok button then press the enter key. NVDA might have to be restarted for it to take affect. Then try it again.

Gene nz

On 8/06/2017 8:01 PM, anthony borg wrote:

Hello all

Can somebody explain to me, what I should do to read a current line because according to the guide, I should press NVDA plus control plus the fullstop,but it didn’t work.

The second question is, what should I do to stop the NVDA to read the number of each line in an email or document?

Thanks in advance

Anthony