Re: Kaspersky antivirus, how accessible?

Dan Beaver

Hi Brian,

Actually I misspoke.  The laptop is getting a few viruses but mostly adware and malware type infections.  This is why I was looking at Kaspersky.  It looks like it handles what I expect my wife would run into.

I do not know what the particular infections  it has gotten are called because there have been so many of them over the past year or so.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 4/4/2016 4:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Dan,

            I ask the following not to be snarky, but to gain some clarity:  What is the computer getting infected with? or What has the computer been infected with?

            A great many infections are malware or spyware, not viruses, and these can and do get past many straight antivirus programs.  They should not get past full security suites, except if very new and you're one of the very first people infected before the signatures have been added to the scanning databases for things other than viruses.