Re: nvda skipping pages in microsoft word?

Bhavya shah

Hi Daniel,
I know what you mean. I myself used to experience this issue across
all Microsoft Word documents with NVDA (although I don't believe it
was NVDA's fault, though I should have tested with other screen
readers, something I didn't do) on a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 system
with Microsoft Office 2010.
To navigate to the skipped page, use any standard navigation key
except only the arrows. In other words, if you use character
navigation, word navigation or paragraph navigation on Page 1, you
will definitely land on Page 2 as well instead of jumping to Page 3
which arrowing up and down results in.
To answer questions posed by others very succinctly, at least in my
version of this problem, this persists with all (proper) Word
documents, regardless of whether or not they have any columns, with
more or less the default zoom level set.
I am not sure if I still face this problem, but I don't think I do
anyways, but if it pops up again, I shall revert with any additional
testing that others may need me to perform for troubleshooting
purposes.
Thanks.

On 6/14/17, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Go to the status bar with f6 and tinker with the zoom settings. I
don't remember which is best, but it used to be page width. This is
almost certainly a Word condition, not NVDA.

Good luck.
At 07:19 PM 6/13/2017, you wrote:
How many columns does the document have?

On 6/13/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
Are you talking about a specific document (in which case, is it
something
you
can share with us, to see what it does on other people's machines) or
are
you
saying that this behaviour occurs on any document you open?

Antony.

On Tuesday 13 June 2017 20:52:32 Daniel Wolak wrote:

Hi all,

Have been having a rather interesting problem for a while in which
NVDA
seems to skip one page in a document of word I.E. if for instance I'm
on
page 1, it will skip to page 3 when I reach the bottom of page 1.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

I experience it on office 2013/2016 on a windows7/windows10 machine
respectivly.

Thanks much for any help,

Daniel
--
<flopsie> yes, but this is #lbw, we don't do normal

Please reply to the
list;
please *don't*
CC