From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: 14 June 2017 20:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] strange problem

Hi, Gene,

I thought he was talking about the progress bar. I know the command for that is NVDA U.

Rosemarie

On 6/14/2017 10:21 AM, Gene wrote:

That is not correct.  NVDA u changes the way progress bars are spoken.  to change speech to off, beep, or back to talk, which is the default and which is usually used, the command is NVDA key s.  Repeating the command cycles through all these options.

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:38 AM

Hi, Anthony,

NVDA control S just changes the synthesizer. If you want to go to either speak, beep or no speech, it's NVDA plus U.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

On 6/14/2017 7:34 AM, anthony borg wrote:

Hi chris

First of all many thanks for the instructions of how to turn off the punctuation, secondly withregards theother thing, if I press control, NVDA s, it has a different meaning,

That is to change the synthesizer to 3 modes, talk, beap and silence, if I’m not wrong, because I have tried it several times.

As I said before I’m still learning and not to judging others, I’m  simply explaining what I have noticed.

Thank you once again for your support.

Best regards

Anthony