From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@...>
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 11:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Kaspersky antivirus, how accessible?

Hi Brian,

Actually I misspoke. The laptop is getting a few viruses but mostly
adware and malware type infections. This is why I was looking at
Kaspersky. It looks like it handles what I expect my wife would run into.

I do not know what the particular infections it has gotten are called
because there have been so many of them over the past year or so.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 4/4/2016 4:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Dan,

I ask the following not to be snarky, but to gain some
clarity: What is the computer getting infected with? or What has the
computer been infected with?

A great many infections are malware or spyware, not
viruses, and these can and do get past many straight antivirus
programs. They should not get past full security suites, except if
very new and you're one of the very first people infected before the
signatures have been added to the scanning databases for things other
than viruses.