From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] libre office enhancements addon?

As the issues between LibreOffice and NVDA are counted only in the
hands, so few they are, I think that LibreOffice has sufficiently good
accessibility built in.

For this same reason, the number of workers or hours to solve the
problems may not be so great.
The problem here seems to be a lack of communication between the
developers of both software.
The fact of Word being use in academic settings, at least here in
Brazil, is not the case. My graduation course had a discipline to teach
LibreOffice and it was the suite used by the Federal University -- all
of them use it.
As I see one release after another of NVDA simply not given LibreOffice
the attention it certainly deserves, the only logical conclusion is that
it is being neglected. I am sorry.

Walmir.

Em 15/06/2017 10:05, Gene escreveu:
We don't know how much this is because of lack of proper accessibility
in LibreOffice. Programs may pose very difficult access issues with
screen-readers if the designers don't built in proper access in the
first place. In addition, given limited resources and workers, it may
be thought to be more important to emphasize access with Word, which
is used generally in work and academic settings.
I'll let the developers comment further, I don’t' want to and can't
speak for them. I have no objection to such questions being
discussed. But there may be very good reasons why Word substitute
programs aren't given attention and I maintain that asking rather than
more or less stating that such programs are being neglected is a
conclusion that is an unsupported assumption.