Re: introduction, and object navigation

Sam Bushman

You have object view and screen view.
All object view does is restrict the view of your nvda reading cursor to the confines of the object with focus.
So, what can be done in object view? You can use all the windows keys that relate to that object and all the nvda keys that relate to that object.
Most screen readers start out in screen view but, nvda starts out in object view.
When you tab in windows you re moving from object to object.
Think of an object as a windows contral that has focus.
Hope that helps.
Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rajmund
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] introduction, and object navigation

Hi, Everyone.
I'm Rajmund, I'm sure some of you will know me from one place or another.
I'm slightly, OK, maybe more than, slightly confused about object navigation. I'm aware of the key commands, thanks to someone privately.
I'm also sort of aware what it does, and how it works. but besides that, I'm stuck. I tried experimenting in programs, but that failed. empty notepad, got nowhere. thunderbird message body, got a little further, but not by much. text in a notepad file, it started making sense, only when I realised that it does just what the reading keys would do. so I guess, I'm back to square 1.
1) what does it exactly do? 2) where can it do things, that arrows and tabbing won't get me to achieve? 3) some examples where I can get it to work, and learn it please?
Thanks so much.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.