Re: I have a favor to ask of the NVDA user community

What even was! back in the days, even if it didn't really do us visually impaired people any good, the scroll lock used for?
---
Christopher Gilland

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I have a favor to ask of the NVDA user community

The scroll lock isn't part of the six pack.  I don't know how many laptops may have a scroll lock key.  My laptop either doesn't have one or requires some sort of fn plus key combination.  The keys on the six pack are, from left to right on a standard keyboard, and moving from top to bottom of each column, insert and delete, home and end, page up and page down.

On a standard keyboard, the scroll lock is the middle key in the three key cluster to the right of the twelve function keys.  I've never heard of it being used in Windows.  I recall it was used in DOS but my guess is that many keyboards built into Windows laptops may not have such a key or a combination of keys for it.

On 2017-06-17 22:51, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
That isn't entirely altogether true.

When you, like me, have physical motor and dexterity issues in your hands which prevent you from doing things effectively the way you have describe...

No offense by this intended, and I hope none taken, but please consider those like myself who may have other physical limitations which prevent them from doing certain things as you would. This isn't me, but what about those with cognative issues as well, who find reaching a key like that to be hard, if not impossible.

I mean this with the utmost of respect.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:43 PM

Everything is awkward when you first go to do it. It was weird at
first for me to have to reach up and to the right instead of hitting a
button right next to my spacebar, but I got used to it. It is all up
to how you chose to deal with it.