Re: vlc media player

mk360

Hi,
I think mpchc is more accessible, but VLC is probably the most complete player.., audio, video, stream, encoding... and it doesn't require codecs. However, I've the two programs installed because moving in dvd menus is so easy with MPCHC.
About key commands, the problem is the interface has old translations, so the commands doesn't work, but it is a problem of the commands are wrong... the best option is to search the correct commands in the web of in vlc's help.

Regards,
mk.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

I use it more to watch dvds with audio description. it seems very friendly with a screen reader, there is also a add on that you can get for it as well. If i remember right there is a whole list of shortcut keys that you can use as well. If you are interested I do have a basic tutorial on how to use VLC to watch a dvde with audio description. It can be found on the nvda tutorials for other programs page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
You can jump down by headings quickly to the section once you have got to that page to read it.

Gene nz

On 05-Apr-16 9:03 PM, Isaac wrote:
Hi, how many of you guys use vlc, and is there any spiware in it as far as you know, sure is much more responsive then winamp as far as opening and closing files, please if some of you could give your opinion.
Thanks