Re: how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Gene

I think that Internet Explorer will be around for a year, perhaps two.  Accessibility is improving with Edge but I don't think Microsoft will stop security updates for Internet Explorer until accessibility with Edge is good.  Also, I question whether Edge will have any meaningful advantages over Firefox or Chrome.  Unless you are just curious and want to play with Edge, it is probably a much better idea to use one or both of these other browsers. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Hi, Gene NZ,

Thanks very much for your help. I figure it's time I learned how to use edge because I don't know how soon internet explorer will be no more. The written tutorial did help a lot.

Thanks again for your help.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi

the following page might help you. It is the nvda tutorials for other programs page which is found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

When you are on it jump down by headings to the section that says about Microsoft edge, a page come off that and hopefully will help you with it.

Gene nz

On 6/19/2017 12:30 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Hi,

While we are on the subject of Edge, how do you get to the menus?  How do you get to the favorits?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:48 PM

Hi,

Ah, you may have multiple tabs open. Try pressing Control+W repeatedly until Edge closes.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Hi, Roger,

I still can't close the browser. I can't even go to the file menu to close it. I'm heaqring a youtube videoon edge but want to get out of it! This is frustrating! What do I do now?

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:33 PM

I tried alt F-4 but it didn't work. I'll give it another try. Maybe I didn't close it correctly.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:26 PM

I've just played with it a bit, but was always able to close it with alt f4 just like any other program.

Roger

On 6/18/2017 6:20 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I decided to play with edge a little bit but I had trouble closing the browser. I had to go to the desktop and then shut down. There has to be a way to close it like you do other browsers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.