Re: how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Gene

FN keys are used on laptops.  Also, if alt f4 works everywhere else, if it doesn't work there, it isn't an fn key problem.  the fn key problem in laptops is caused by how some manufacturers set the fn key to work but that doesn't apply here.

I have no idea why alt f4 didn't work.  You can try the other suggestion given by another list member.  You can also try using the command alt space bar and, once in the menu with such commands as minimize, maximize, etc. you will find a close command.  Often, that close command works if alt f4 doesn't. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Hmm. Didn’t think of that. Does this work on a desktop or just a laptop? I have a desktop.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Try alt+FN+F4. Your F4 key might be getting intercepted as a hardware key and not a software key. I've had that happen on occasions with certain systems.

---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:33 PM

I tried alt F-4 but it didn't work. I'll give it another try. Maybe I didn't close it correctly.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I've just played with it a bit, but was always able to close it with alt f4 just like any other program.

Roger

On 6/18/2017 6:20 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I decided to play with edge a little bit but I had trouble closing the browser. I had to go to the desktop and then shut down. There has to be a way to close it like you do other browsers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.